The selection and use of tools/bits and fixtures are very important in the process of engraving and cutting works with CNC router machines. Incorrect use can easily cause damage to the tools, even the engraving effect will be greatly reduced. How to select and use tools for wood cnc router machine?
10 principles here should be well considered:
1.The size of tools/bits and fixtures should be suitable. The fixture which has section, the inner hole is not good enough, worn for a long time and the inner hole is tapered must not be selected, the engraving performance will be affected and thus is not satisfactory owing to the shaking of tool handle.
2. The tool handle should be matched with the fixture and can be smoothly inserted into and out of the fixture. The handle should be firmly put into the fixture and be well fastened. If the tool fixture is used for a long time, the inner hole will be deformed and the new one should be replaced in time.
3. Always check the toughness and sharpness of the tools/bits. If the tool is found to be blunt or the knife edge is damaged, replace it immediately. If you continue to use it, not only the engraving effect is not good, but also the risk of breaking the tools will arise.
4. The thickness of material to be processed shall not exceed the thickness of the cutting edge that can be cut and engraved. Otherwise, the tool will be broken or the engraving effect may be unsatisfactory.
5. For engraving and cutting of different materials, different tools/bits should be selected and the cutting & engraving speed should be modified reasonably.
6. During the working process of the engraving machine, the tool/bit that rotates at high speed is very sharp. Pay attention to keep an enough distance to the object under working. Pay special attention not to wear oversize clothes and Women should wrap the hair to prevent accidents.
7. The engraving and cutting speed should be balanced, the processing speed should be kept as consistent as possible, and the engraving and cutting process is best done at one time to prevent the occurrence of cross-section marks owing to the break-point.
8. It is best to clean the tool/bit with professional cleaner.
9. Apply butter to prevent rusting of the tool/bit when the tool is not in use.
10. Do not polish and change the shape of tools/bits at will.
Post time: Jun-10-2019